What is MagicaCloth2?
Magica Cloth is a fast cloth simulation powered by the Unity DOTS (Data-Oriented Technology Stack).
It can be used for both Transform and Mesh with BoneCloth controlling the Transform and MeshCloth controlling the mesh vertices.
It is the successor version of the previous MagicaCloth.
It is now available in the Unity Asset Store.
- Unity DOTS (Data-Oriented Technology Stack) for fast cloth-simulation
- Works on all platforms except WebGL
- Available for both Transform and Mesh
- Achieve 2.5D behavior that combines 2D-like movement while maintaining physically realistic movement
- Available in all CoreRP/URP/HDRP render pipelines
- No dedicated shaders required
- Easy and intuitive interface for quick setup
- Time manipulation such as slow and stop
- Point / Edge based collision
- Self-collision and mutual collision
- Penetration measure (Backstop by normal line)
- Normal adjustment function
- Full support for run-time builds
- With full source code
Improvements from Ver1
- Eliminate pre-build (eliminate Create button)
- Remove PhysicsManager
- Remove RenderDeformer/VirtualDeformer
- Integrate components into one
- Greatly simplified parameters
- Significant improvements in vertex painting
- Specify vertex painting by texture
- Doesn’t store subassets in Prefabs
Required Unity and packages
- Unity 2021.3.16 (LTS) or higher
- Burst 1.8.1 or higher
- Collections 1.4.0 or higher
The Burst and Collections packages are installed automatically.
A brief summary is as follows
- After purchase, the product can be used freely regardless of whether it is used for free or for a fee.
- There are no additional fees other than the payment in the Unity Asset Store
- Seat licenses are required for the number of developers who will actually use the asset.
For example, if you have a staff of 10 and 2 people using MagicaCloth, you will need 2 licenses.
- Redistribution of this asset to third parties is prohibited
- If you modify this asset, it will not be supported.
Support is available on the contact page or the Unity forums.
If you have already purchased MagicaCloth, it would be greatly appreciated if you could include the version of Unity and MagicaCloth you are using to help us resolve the issue smoothly.